Friday, January 21, 2011

1982 "Superman III" Filming Article

From the "Star" tabloid, published September 28, 1982, comes this sneak peek at the filming of "Superman III." The article's revelation of the comedic nature of film did not bode well; I also had suspicions from the nature of the shot, which seemed more like a scene for a TV show than a movie, that the film was not going to be very good. Unfortunately, that suspicion was borne out. Regardless, this near-two page spread is a nice behind-the-scenes look at Christopher Reeve's work, which is always welcome. The writer got the scene wrong, though; the guy in the car was in danger, and not a bad guy. I suppose the writer overlooked the water pouring from the car's interior, or he thought it was a water-breathing bad guy. :)



(Click on image to enlarge.)




This large article took 6 scans in sections, that I pieced back together in Photoshop; all done for you, my readers! If you enjoyed seeing the fruits of my labors, comment and let me know.

5 comments:

  1. I truly know what it's like to get things like this prepared and posted for fans, including 'cutting and pasting' things together. This was a great find. Thank you for your hard work!
    I'm one of the few fans of Superman 3, it had its moments, the Smallville fire, Lana Lang (Annette O'Toole was PERFECT and she looks so pretty in this article) I thought she had great chemistry with Reeve. Also, bad Superman with such brilliant acting by Reeve, the good vs. evil fight, and Robot sister! That was so scary to me as a kid! Loved it. Off to read it now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. VG,
    Thanks for commenting! I might have been too hard on the movie, as it did have its good points as you mentioned. I was an adult when it came out, though, and harder to impress, especially after Superman 2. Taken on its own, though, it's lighthearted fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the effort. This is pure archeology ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, nice article. I am also a fan of this film, had some great moments. My son also likes this film now and he is 6.

    ReplyDelete