Tuesday, May 1, 2012

1974 Battle For The Planet Of The Apes article

Battle For The Planet Of The Apes was the last in the film series, and the lowest in quality, before the TV series began, which seemed to take place not too far in the future from what we saw in this movie. This article on it is scanned from issue # 108 of Famous Monsters, which was published in July of 1974. This is about where I came into my awareness of the Apes phenomenon, having somehow missed it up til then; don't ask me how. But I made up for in rabid interest what I lacked in prior awareness, and my fervor for it burned in intensity second only to my love for Star Trek.

(Click on the images to enlarge; once the image
loads, you may have to click it again to view full-size.)
Below, as a bonus, is an ad page featuring the model kits for the Apes, as well as other interesting items.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, this really came off as more of a "TV movie." I read a book about the ape movies and was shocked how much they cut the budget for each subsequent sequel. And then they wonder why they kept making less money. Roddy McDowell manages to make it seem classier than it deserved to.

    ReplyDelete