Tuesday, June 30, 2009

1977 article on Farrah in Logan's Run

(Click on images to view larger size... you know you want to.)


Farrah Fawcett's tragic and untimely loss prompted me to go through some of my magazines to find an article on her role in "Logan's Run," since this is a sci-fi blog. Although her role as Holly was only a small part, she made an impression and the character was quintissential Farrah. From the second issue of TV's Dynamic Heroes, published in June 1977 we have this article...


A photo showing off the two things Farrah was famous for... her hair and face. What else did you think I was going to say, hmmm?


Below, some screen grabs I made of Farrah's scene in the movie. Logan's Run, which was made in 1976, was the last big-budget sci-fi film before Star Wars came out and changed everything, and it holds a special place in my memories. The design may be cheesy 70's, but I was a teen at the time, when "The Hustle" ruled the airwaves, and the movie was a lot of fun.





This is the way I'll always remember Farrah... who is now with the angels for real.

Bonus: a TV Guide ad for a new show coming out on September 22, 1976...

No comments:

Post a Comment